Thyroid/Firbormyalgia Community
80 Members

consistently having to up dosage of synthroid

has anyone else had their doctor have to consistently up their dosage of synthroid about every 3 months. for about the last 9 months I go to the doctor and my dosage gets increased. The increase seems to make me feel better for about 2 months. About 3 weeks before I'm due to go back to the doctor I can tell that my levels are low again and sure enough when I go back they are low and I have to have another increase. I'm not sure if I need to take another route like trying Armour or not? Anyone else had this issue and tried something else that worked? I'm getting a little frustrated that nothing is working longer than 2 months!
Ask your doctor to switch you to natural desiccated thyroid. You are probably having problems converting T4 to T3. If that doesn't work you will need more thorough blood work to try to find the problem.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.