Can a nurse practitioner help with diagnosing pelvic pain?

I've been having pelvic pain and I think that I might have endometriosis. Can a nurse practitioner help with diagnosing endometriosis? I couldn't get an appointment with a regular ob/gyn.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Probably the nurse practiti0ner can help, because he or she will be able to tell from your symptoms that it is likely. The way to definitively diagnose endometriosis is to do a laparoscopy, and a doctor would have to do that. The nurse practitioner might be able to schedule you for it, though, or schedule you for a consult with a doctor after hearing what's going on for you.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community