Persistent itching in pubic area

Almost a year ago I trimmed with what I thought were clean scissors. Ever since, I have been experiencing itching in the pubic area around the labia and the area below the vagina opening. Whenever I give in and itch, it itches even worse. Recently I began treating it with Carbon Dioxide and it really helps, I just want it to be gone permanently. What is it and what can I do?
Correction: I have been using Peroxide not Dioxide
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello!  Thanks for the clarification about peroxide verses dioxide!  :>)   So, your pubic area itched after a trim job and now if you get an itch there, it becomes a bigger problem with more itching?  Is that what is going on? Really, it's going to be best if you go to a doctor to have the reason diagnosed.  Is it contact dermatitis?  Is it ezcema? Is it an allergy?  A fungus?  Each one has similar symptoms.  Here's an article to look at.  https://www.healthline.com/health/itchy-pubic-hair.  Hydrogen peroxide or witch hazel will act as a mild astringent.  This can help with ingrown hairs or issues like that.  So, perhaps it is just that if it is getting better when you use the peroxide.  
I’ll look into that, thank you
also, I saw some flaking skin down there. I think it may be a fungus? Whatre your thoughts?