Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .
Hi, I was diagnosed a week and a half ago with a chronic DVT. I had an ultrasound. The technologist let me see it. I have good blood f...
How do I find a surgeon that will give a second opinion, this prob has been going on for over four years?
My DH is a 53, quit smoking 8 months ago. 5 months ago stent was placed for PAD. Five days Post op, vertigo set in. It was so bad we wen...
Could you tell me about what choices are out there for a by-pass (Subclavian Artery) using man-made material or possible pig artery? How...
Im not even sure if i can post this here but i guess i have nothing to lose. I have been to my doctor for the past 5 months with extreme...
i had a cardiac cath today at the va hosp in my area and was told that i have blockages, two at 50-60% blockage and one that is at 70% b...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.