Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .
Im laying in a hospital bed at Baylor All Saints Hospital in Plano Tx. Im on a transplant list right now they have me on a heart pump unt...
I have weakness in my legs, and had read that Actiflex (Manuka honey with bee venom) can reduce weekness in legs due to inflamation of th...
To: Dr. Kirksey I answered your question about how the DVT had been diagnosed in the "comment" box after your answer on my first post....
A relative is facing amputation. They're talking of cutting the 4 smaller toe She has osteomyelitis and cellulitis in one foot. Antibi...
My husband was recently taken off of Lipitor and has been experiencing daily headaches. He's not a headache person. Is this a common thi...
One night in May 2006, I noticed that my right calf seemed to be swollen. It was not painful, just felt heavy. I thought it might be a DV...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.