Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

****Clonidine Question******

Long story short.  My doctor switched my Ativan to Clonidine 0.01 for my PMDD night sweats.  Has anyone ever taken it for this reason?  Did it work, and is 0.01 a low dose.  I am afraid to take it because I don't have high BP.  Just curious and nervous about taking it.  

thanks,
Nauty......................
34 Responses
0.1 mg is a pretty standard dose of clonidine and I do not beleive you need to monitor your BP at any dose under 0.2 mg.

I recently begain taking it myself to help me go to sleep (to try and replace using benzos) and to simultaneously help with opiate withdrawals. So far I have found it to be extremely effective, although results of this medication do vary quite a bit from person to person. Overall it has made me tired/reduced energy, but relaxed and comfortable.

Clonodine is used to treat many off-label conditions, and is emerging as a potential "miracle drug" because of its tendency to inadvertently help with many conditions due to its function as an alpha agonist...it has showed positive results for insomnia, ADHD, opiate/alcohol/nicotine withdrawal, cold sweats, and many other similar types of afflictions...so I would say it's worth a shot (start at 0.1 mg) to see how you react to it as it is a fairly harmless medication and its potential for positive effects is high. There is not currently many comprehensive studies about most of these treatments, so it's really sort of a trial and error process. Very interesting though, and ppl should continue to post their results in forums like this one to assist in the collection of information.
I take .1 to help with my neuropathy. I check my blood pressure several times a day just to be safe. It has never dropped my blood pressure to a unsafe level.
Where can I get information about a loved one taking subutex
Can long term subutex use cause severe swelling in legs
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.