mets to lungs?

TNBC survivor, finished treatment 3 years ago. Previous x-ray in July 2013 was clear. Last month during a pre-op x-ray it came back with ill-defined sclerosis on ribs 4-9 and atelectasis in lung bases.  A CT and bone scan were ordered.  Ribs are thought to be from previous radiation. But the CT results came up with a subpleural 4mm noncalcified lung nodule within the left lower lobe superior and patch atelectasis at both lung bases, may represent air-fluid developing infiltrate.  Am I scared over nothing?  Dr has ordered a CT without contrast in April.  The wait is getting to me.
This Forum, deals only with breast cancer issues and I am really sorry if I cannot be of any help regarding your CT scan results.
You should discuss all of this with a lung Specialist and/or your primary care doctor and ask them the same questions you have asked here.
Wishing you all the best...
My worry is that it is breast cancer mets to my lungs.  I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer 3 years ago and now worried about recurrence.
I can certainly understand you worrying about recurrence...but for now, I don't think that you should be overly concerned,since the Doctor recommended a 3 months follow-up to check if there are any changes.
Hoping you won't have to worry about anything also on your next CT scan.
Sending prayers and good wishes your way...

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.