Cancer Community

help me.. im worried..

hello, my mother diagnose with pancreatic head cyst, gallstone and abdomin arteriosclerosis. what are the available alternative treatment option? is it curable? is it benign or malignant? what are the possible side effect if she undergo operation.
Hi, the three conditions may not be related. For the pancreatic cyst, therapy depends on the size and the content of the cyst. And if it is causing any compressive symptoms. With the gallstones your mother may need removal of the gallbladder. Atherosclerosis, a disease where the 'fatty' material in the blood gets deposited in the walls of the blood vessels. Certain conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, smoking and sedentary lifestyle promote this. If this causes any obstruction to the blood flow then it needs to be treated. So, discuss the possibilities with your doctor. Good luck. Regards.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.