Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Can diving have any effect on my face, or the plates in it?

I had reconstructive surgery a little over 3  years ago on my right cheekbone(which now consists of 3 alloy plates) and a few weeks ago i started scuba diving. When i got to a certain depth the pressure was bothering my right ear and the right side of my teeth, more annoying than painful and the feeling went away after a day or so. I was just wondering if it's possible my surgery has anything to do with this, and if it does, is it possible to have any long term effects?
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193613120
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I would guess that the pressure differential while scuba diving was affecting your sinuses.  I would have this evaluated by your surgeon.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.