Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

Can water from soaking cherry wood chips be toxic for dogs if ingested?

My 3 year old EBD drank from a bowl of soaking cherry wood chips. 12-14 hours later she became ill with vomiting and dry heaving, labored breathing and lethargy. I did take her to her vet and she is being closely monitored. Wondering if there is a chemical in these wood chips that may have caused this? Tried researching company, warning labels etc to o avail.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
363281 tn?1590104173
Hello~Many species of cherry  are poisonous, so sadly, yes, I would say the chips could be poisonous to your dog. I am glad you got her to the vet, I hope she will be OK.
Helpful - 0
675347 tn?1365460645
COMMUNITY LEADER
Wishing your dog all the very best nessiesnow. Yes it does sound like that bark water was toxic. It's good you got her to the vet quickly. She is in the best place so I hope she will recover well.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community

Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.