Avatar universal

Hypertropia and Exotropia

Hi. I'm a 14yr old guy.
I think I've got diplopia by birth. But it wasn't until this year that I paid attention to it and got it diagnosed.
The two images I see are horizontally deviated with a slight vertical deviation. Also, both the deviations are different in each gaze, top-left being the highest and bottom-right being the lowest.
Despite seeing two images, I face no problems at all in my daily life. I can do everything a normal person does.
And I can fuse the two images into one and double them at will if the object is more than 25-30cm away. But for objects nearer than that, I can RARELY fuse them, and even when I manage, my eyes start paining.
Doctors think it's superior-oblique palsy, but they aren't exactly sure.
So, what would be the best possible treatment for this?
Thanks, in advance. :)
2 Responses
711220 tn?1251891127
I would recommend you see a strabismus specialist.

Dr. O.
Avatar universal
I've seen three specialists already. No one was sure about the cause and treatment.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.