Avatar universal

Finger pain

My finger hurts, there was some pus.
Shall i see a doctor about it or will it get better over time?

Thanks in advance
3 Responses
1415174 tn?1453243103
See my answer on the infectious disease site.
4851940 tn?1515694593
Yes, make an appointment to see your doctor.  The redness on the finger and the fact that some puss came out, indicates that there is an infection there.  Infections can spread, so it is best to get it seen to.  

Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic cream to apply to your finger or antibiotics to take by mouth.

In the meantime keep the area clean and dry.

Best wishes.

363281 tn?1590104173
If it is that way tomorrow, then yes, see a doctor, in the meantime, put some Neosporin on it after washing it well, also, put a band aid on it to keep it from further infection.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.