HIV Prevention Community

Hiv Antibody and Antigen with P24 5 week conclusive

Hello Dr. I had a sexual encounter on April 29 although the encounter was protected I noticed my Condom had slipped up exposing a part of the penis but the head remained covered.. on June 3rd after weeks of freaking out I went to the Dr and got a HIV CMIA 4th generation antigen and antibody test which came back negative... as per my Dr assessing my risk and the results he told me the results are absolutely conclusive and no further tests were warranted on the issue what is your assessment? may i relax and move on?
You never had an exposure.
yeah i have been told that a lot but still remain apprehensive... assuming there was an exposure are the tests highly conclusive at that point?
At 5 weeks, if the test was a lab based test, it is in my opinion at least 95% reliable.
You can relax now...but take a conclusive 4th generation lab test at 8 weeks after the exposure (even though many experts consider even 6 weeks lab based test conclusive, but to be on the extra safe side I would take it at 8 weeks)
Move along with your incorrect information.
Move along.