Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

Sexually Transmitted diseases

I am a married male aged 32 yrs from India. 3.5 months ago i had unsafe sex with a female sex worker - though it was not a complete intercourse. Inserted her for just 1 - 2 min and then pulled back with the fear of STD's. Afterwards lot of stress related to HIV surrounded me. I did not take any PEP or had no earlier medication. I got my P24 test done 72 hours after exposure - results were negative. I also got HIV antibody test of that female sex worker done 5 days after my exposure - she tested negative. I further repeated my P24 done 21 days after exposure - results were again negative. I got HIV antibody & VDRL test done after 102 days of exposure - results were negative. The problem is I developed Balanoposthitis  (as diagnosed by 2 reputed local dermatologists)almost 2 days after intercourse with my wife and almost 75 days  of my unsafe exposure with the female sex worker. Did I get Balanoposthitis from female sex worker? Is this Balanoposthitis a sign of HIV infection? Now that I am negative 3 months after exposure, can I be sure that I do not have HIV? Why this Balanoposthitis appear 7 years after my marraige? Barring this one incident of unsafe sex with female sex worker, I never had any physical relation with any body other than my wife. My wife was already tested for HIV at the time of her motherhood and she was negative. I not diabetic - got my blood sugar checked after balanoposthitis. Do I need to repeat HIV antibody test after 6 months of exposure? How long does it take for balanoposthitis to cure? Please help me out of this suicidal dilemma. Do i need to get any other test done? Am I suffering from any STD? I will be highly obliged!!

This discussion is related to Anxious... hiv... please help.
1 Responses
An HIV test at 3 months is conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.