Heart Rhythm Community
12k Members

PVC sufferers...something to try

Background on me: DEBILITATING PVCs since 2009.  They drastically affected quality of life for the past 10 years.

They have gone as of 7 days ago.  No idea if this is why but worth a shot to try if you want.

1.  I noticed that everytime my stomach felt "off" and gurgly my PVCs were nuts.  My stomach felt gurgly often.

About a week ago my heart was nuts and I was sitting on the couch.  My wife was upstairs.

I proceeded to unleash a good 30 second fart... and lo and behold...PVCs stopped.

I remembered giving my kid SIMETHICONE (aka Gas-X or Beano) when they were little and they had gas.

I figured what the hell and tried.

7 days now of taking Gas-X once or twice a day and I went from 2-3k or more of these stupid heart flutters to maybe a handful per day.

Worth a shot of you're lile me and trying anything to make *benign* (which is bullspit) PVCs go away
So does that mean the Taurine didn't keep them away longer term for you?
Hi dongato.  I stopped taking the Taurine as a test to see if it was helping or not or if it was a result of my diet.

It's really all trial and error with this stuff.

Medical community really only has three options they're willing to try

1.  Beta blockers - blech I didnt lile Metoprolol at all.  I think it made them worse.

2.  Flecainide (or other anti arrhythmic).  Not worth the risk yet for me.

3.  Ablation - tried it...PVCs stopped two days before.  Looking back on that...I started eating tremendously clean 3 days before the ablation so that might be why.

So did the Taurine help?  I'll never truly know.  Does the Gas-X help?  I'll never truly know.  I can just comment on snapshots of time and try to relate experiences to changes I make.

The Taurine did seem to help...but the GasX is something that's been consistent and since taking the GasX I dont have the pressure/gurgling sensations the always accompany the PVC storms.

I'm really just trying to throw some things out there that seem to maybe work for me.  Simethicone per understanding is something that isn't a big deal to take.

Do a google for simethicone help palpitations and you'll see some others have claimed the same thing surprisingly.

I have no clue of its going to continue to help.

What I do know is I had one foot off the bridge with this heart crap and since taking the GasX they've calmed down and I've taken a step back :)

Try any of this stuff at you're own risk.  I'm a software engineer...not a doctor :)
I hear ya. Also I'm guessing most things aren't instant so a change you made a week ago may be the thing haha.

I'm asking mainly because I started taking taurine and L-arginine daily and mine stopped after 9 months of thousands a day.

Like you said, who knows but I'm happy too at the moment!

P.S. computer engineer here. ;-)
Ha maybe it's the passive aggressiveness of our field that drives us crazy and gives us these stupid heart blips.

Glad to hear the taurine and arginine helped you.

Every good day for me feels like I'm literally being reborn.  I'm so grateful for the good days...really loathe the bad ones :)

Hope yours continue to stay at bay

Hope yours continue to stay at bay