Heart Rhythm Community

Very rapid heartbeats

Hello, resting calmly watching t.v after I had a light dinner felt 3 beats firing in a row . What could it be, maybe reflux as I suffer from Gerd and gastritis? Scared the crap out of me. I also have Hashimoto thyroiditis.I have excellent blood work, no anemia, normal weight and exercise
I was diagnosed with a bad case of afib.  I realized that the afib (irregular heart beats) kicks in after eating and when I lay down to sleep.  After investigating, I realized that this is due to a problem with my vagus nerve & not a heart problem as my doctors were saying....so I turned down all medication.  I instead kept searching for an answer.  I started taking ReMag magnesium (1/4 tsp. In water sipped throughout the day).  This got it under control but I still had some flare ups.  I found that taking 1/4 tsp of ground ginger from the spice aisle in a small glass of water stops it in 10 or 15 minutes.  I almost have no problem now.  A blood test revealed that my vitamin D was very low & since I think this could be a problem I now take 5,000 of vitamin D with K per day.  I also read on this site that probiotics & digestive enzymes helped someone.  When I remember I try to take Bio-K (a probiotic you can get at Whole Foods) and I take enzymes if I think of it.  I went from very bad problem & being in the hospital to basically no problem at all.  Hope this helps.
More likely NSVT.
Thanks . I have vagal nerve issues as well. I am also deficient in D ! Why do y take it with K?
The helps absorb the D....they should be taken together .....my D has k in it already
Also for GERD & for vagal nerve you can put about 1/4 tsp baking soda in water....another great reliever.  I have noticed that if I forget my D my heart seems to start up....but my D level was very low in a blood test
Thank y