Herpes Community

Can you get a cold sore from cashiers?

So basically what happened was this cashier seemed to have some yellow scab under his lips, like 1 to 2 cm below his lips.

Before I ordered my food, he was doing something else and proceeded to wash his hands (I'm unsure if he used soap).

After which, he attended to me and I gave him the money without touching his hands (just to be safe). However, when my order arrived, he placed my order in a plastic bag and I touched the plastic bag afterwards.

So I was wondering will I get cold sore just from this alone?

Thank you in advance!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not a chance.  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.