Clarity for herpes test results.

I just received my test results back for a herpes test and wanted some clarification on a few things. It's Saturday and I can't call my gyno.  The results are as follows:

Herpes Simplex IgM Ab- Positive A
HSV Igm Ab Titer- 1:20 A
HSV 1 IgG Ab- >5.00
HSV 2 IgG- <.90
HSV 2 IgM- Positive

Ok, so my HSV 2 IgG is negative, yet my IgM is positive. Could my HSV 2 IgM be positive from the HSV 1?
A few things, there is no way this is a new infection, I have been in a monogamous relationship for 10 years. Also, I am pregnant. My gyno was very hesitant to give me a blood test because I have no symptoms and never have. It was my choice. Any clarification would be helpful.
COMMUNITY LEADER
It appears you have hsv1. Most likely an oral (cold sore) infection from your youth. It's very common. You clearly do not have hsv2. Pay absolutely not attention to the igm testing at all. They are unreliable and false positives are very common. Only go by the igg tests.
Thank you for responding!! Should I be worried about HSV 1 and the fact I'm pregnant?
COMMUNITY LEADER
No. Like I said it's almost certain it's an old oral infection. Asymptomatic hsv1 on the genitals is more rare. Discuss it with your Dr but don't be overly concerned as hsv1 is very common and not a threat to you delivery.
You've eased my mind! Thank you very much !!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm glad I could help

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.