Freuqent urination - bladder never feels empty.

Hello.

Have been having this problem. Nearly a year ago I had and uti or uretritis. I took some antibiotics and it went away successfully. However I developed a frequent urination shortly after that. I went to quite a few doctors, I had analysis taken and everything came back negative. They prescribed a few times some strong antibiotics and it seemed to have helped. After that it started again, just the feeling that I have to urinate all the time and feeling that bladder is never empty. I went to doctor again. She took another analysis - it came back negative. As well as that I had my prostate checked  which was just fine. She prescribed however Ofloxacin. I ve been taking for 2 weeks now and it seems to help as well. But sometimes I still get this weird urge to urinate even if there is little urine in bladder or sometime in large amounts. For example when drinking two pints of beer, it makes go to toilet around 5 - 6 times in a row.

So basically I can urinate right away and dont have to wait before urine will reach urethra and I will start urinating. No pain or burning. Just the recurrent feeling that bladder is never empty and this urge.

Could you please tell what could be the cause. Is it due to anxiety? Because all doctors I have been too said there is nothing wrong.

Thanks in advance
Hi, what age are you and what do you mean you dont have to wait before urine will reach urethra and you will start urinating. The urine comes from your bladder through your urethra then into the toilet!
I am  25.  I dont how to explain it. Just the feeling i can urinate anytime. Not like it used to be before. Especially in the evening and after drinink caffeine or cola..
Caffeine is an irritant to the bladder. Maybe stop them for a while to see if things get back to normal. The urge to urinate is often caused by pressure on your urethra which is caused either from an enlarged prostate or scare tissue from a urethra infection.
How can enlraged prostate or scar tissue be treated?

Just follow up with your doctor about this. Im only meaning possible causes.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.