HSV1 IGG

Hello, I am seeing some people post that other proteins can cause HSV tests to be positive but not be HSV. What are these proteins? And another random question, I am positive for HSV1 but have never had a symptom. I have to get a root canal and tooth extraction done. Will this cause an outbreak?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Chances are small this will cause an outbreak. What was your numeric value of the test.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I reread your other post. Your over 26 igg value for hsv1 is a conclusive positive results. Posible low false positives are usually under 2 and anything 3.5 and under is suspect. You have hsv1
Yes I know I have it. I just saw under other posts that other proteins can interfere with the tests and I was wondering what that was? Not because I think I have a false positive but just because I'm trying to be informed about everything I can.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The odd protiens are just that. Protiens of a similar weight. They call it noise in the test.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.