Herpes Symptoms

Good morning Aunt Jessie.. I have a question regarding breakouts on lips.  In your experience have you ever discussed someone having a blister or soar breakout on a lip, clear itself and then return one week later? Thanks for your response...

COMMUNITY LEADER
Sure. I used to work with a woman who had very frequent oral hsv1 outbreaks. She ultimately went on suppressive therapy and it helped a lot.

Remember that this is not likely to be herpes. If you are getting a blister on your lips again, and it's an actual blister, get yourself into your doctor as soon as you see the blister so you can get it cultured.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.