Herpes Community

Herpes Transfer

Say I have an active outbreak of genital herpes and one of the sore breaks and the liquid from it gets deposited on my underwear or on the towel, and somebody uses the towel or picks up the underwear for laundry washing. ( as all laundry is collected and washed together ). what is the risk of herpes transfer in such a case ? How long will the herpes virus survive in such a case ?

I am worried as I do not live alone and nobody in my house knows I have herpes.
Hi, genital herpes is considered sexually transferred only. Needs direct rubbing contact to be at risk. Not from what you describe.
thanks
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.