How long should a lip herpes outbreak last?

I'll try to summarize it as much as possible but I feel it will end up being a long text. I've had lip herpes ever since I was a kid. This year I've had a really hard time with herpes, I've been dealing with it since January: Blisters on and out, but ever since May I've had this really strong outbreak that just won't give up. Now the first thing everyone tells me is that I've got "weak resistance", that my immune defense system isn't working properly. I've had a bad cold in May as well, maybe it was the trigger, but the cold is far gone while herpes is holding strong. Maybe the sun is the trigger, on the weekends I do get some sun exposure, but that's life. I was consulted by a GP and he told me it has probably nothing to do with my immune defense system, as I was healthy otherwise. He told me to take acyclovir, but I'm through 30 pills and my lip herpes is laughing at the pills. My GP is on vacation, I live in a 3rd world country, it's almost impossible to order lysine supplements here at a price that I won't have to break the bank, what should I do? I've been systematically avoiding foods that are rich in arginine, I've been using hydrogen peroxide and zinc oxide on the wounds, my mouth looks like a battlefield, I'm dating someone I can't kiss..... I hate my life. I think I forgot to mention I have OCD and eventually the urge to bite the blisters gets too strong. Idk what to do anymore.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I understand tour frustration. The only thing you can do is go back to your dr when he comes back from vacarion and possibly up the dose. What dossage were you taking?

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.