Is it conclusive?

I tested negative for both HSV I & II at 16 weeks after exposure. The blood tests were IgG type specific. I've read that it can take up to 6 months for antibodies to develop. Is that true? Or can I have peace of mind with my results?

Thank you.
This is conclusive, you do not have HSV and were not infected 16 weeks ago. You can move forward with confidence.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.