Herpes Community

RA and herpes

I was recently diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis Ive read that it is classified as an auto immune condition would this affect my bodys response to hsv and would it delay my bodies ability to test positive ?
Autoimmune diseases do not usually have any effect on any diagnostic tests and certainly reactive arthritis doesn't do it. Autoimmunity isn't the same as immune deficiency. Diagnositc tests for HSV or anything else shouldn't be affected.
I got your message and replied. Who and How were you diagnosed with Reactive arthritis?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.