Herpes Community

Test results

Hi, I've done 3 diasorin tests which all came back negative for type 1&2. I done one test at 6 weeks, 9 weeks and 11 weeks and 3 days and all negative and apparently all the figures where the same type 1 <0.01 and type 2 <0.5. Would I need to do another test in the future at all? I live in the uk and the only test I could find was the diasorin test. Thanks in advance for your help
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would see no reason for another test down the road. You are neg now and it's conclusive.
Ok, thanks. I get weird feelings in my bum cheeks now and again but have not noticed any blisters/sores that look like herpes. I'm just really worried even though my results have come back negative.
Would the test be accurate even though I haven't had any proper symptoms? Thanks
Or had any outbreaks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes. The tests are accurate even if you have no outbteak. Infact no outbreaks is just further evidence you don't have hsv.
I've had a few thing happen down there but I don't know if they are connected to herpes. I've had weird feelings in my bum cheeks then a spot/ingrown hair pops up. I haven't noticed clusters of blisters at all. So the diasorin test is accurate enough for me to believe it. all 3 tests said type 1 <0.01 and type 2 <0.5.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes. I will say it again. Nothing you describe leads me to think you possibly have hsv. You can absolutely believe and trust your tests.
Hi, I've been trying to put this to the back of my mind but this morning the top of my right thigh at the back was hurting just under my buttocks. It's now starting to feel like it's burning. This is why I'm douting the tests. Any advice would be great right now because I'm panicking.. :(
It burns and a tingle here and there and feels like pinching. I'm really worried as all 3 tests have come back negative. I don't know what to think anymore. One side of my Labia majora was hurting with it this morning.please give me some advice. I really don't know what to think or do anymore :(
None of what you  mention suggests herpes but maybe have another test as you seem unconvinced as needless worry is a waste of time and energy.
But all my tests have come back negative from the same company so it wouldn't change if I had another one. If it's not then what is it that's making a part of my thigh burn/tingle?? I found a red patch that hurts under my waist band on my underwear. I don't know if it had fluid in as my underwear rub on it.
i don't know why I would have 3 negative tests and still have symptoms.
Your symptoms are not herpes related
But it says burning and tingling are symptoms of herpes
When I press on the burning sensation it doesn't hurt it only hurt when I sit or stand.
Herpes are open sores, burning with out sores developing about 4 days after the burning starts are not herpes related.
It hasn't been 4 days since the burning started. The burning only started today but I had pain in my buttocks yesterday. I only noticed the red mark on my waist earlier when it started to hurt. I don't know if it's an open blister as my underwear had been rubbing on it so I don't know what it was like before I noticed it. I started to accept it wasn't herpes but then my thigh/bum cheek started to hurt and that made me to start thinking about it again. I don't understand how I would have 3 negative blood tests and still have pain/burning/tingling on my bum cheeks/thigh and a red mark that could turn into a sore.
what are the chances of false negative tests?
COMMUNITY LEADER
That many. No real chance false low possitives are an issue with these tests not false negatives. You need to relax a bit
I know but it doesn't explain why I'm getting a burning/tingling feeling in my thigh/bum cheek and the red spot thing that's come up.
I'm sorry if I sound like a pain it's just I'm worrying because the tests came back negative and I'm getting a burning/tingling feeling in my thigh/bum cheek and a red spot thing has popped up on my waist and it hurts but I'm not sure if it's because my underwear are rubbing on it or not.
COMMUNITY LEADER
You need to stop looking at everthing like it's herpes. You have tingling/burning on your thigh and bum. Then a pimple or something poos up on your waste. See what im saying? If sores pop up on the spot that burns..ok not on the waist. You are being very irrational about all of this and focusing to much.Your neg tests plus no real symptoms suggest you are fine. Now I am not saying you are not eexperiencing something. I am saying it's VERY doubtful you have genital herpes.
Ok, thank you for taking time to write back to me. I'm just a bit confused as to why I'm getting such feelings when my test results came back negative. I know i need to stop looking at everything and think it's herpes related but I can't help it.since my encounter I've had something pop up after eachother down there that's why I'm worrying so much and because test are negative. I try to forget about it but then something else pops up or I have another weird feeling down there then I start to worry again. How would I know for sure its not herpes?
Hi just an update. The burning/tingling on my bum cheek has now gone this morning. (Hopefully it will stay away) I can't see any blisters/sores where it was burning. So I don't know what it could have been. Hopefully it won't return. I now have sensitive skin on my right hip which I think could be some stretch marks coming out. The spot thing on my waist is still there but I don't think it is from herpes. Thank you
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.