What's going on?

Almost 5 weeks ago I had one second of unprotected oral followed by protected intercourse. 4 days ago it felt like someone put icy hot on my scrotum and penis, as well as inner thighs. No bumps or lesions noticed at all even with extensive constant searching. Went to urgent care and was tested for every std they could including herpes. Igg and igm. All negative. Burning subsided to almost nonexistent or nonexistent this morning. I found out late last night she gets cold sores. Please help!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your symptoms are not hsv related. These types of symptoms don't happen without lesions present. Another red flag is the amount of area you experienced the burning. Hsv does not cover that kind of area. If you were going to get a primary outbreak it would have been in the first week or so. Nota month later.
Not to mention if she didn't have an active cold sore then your chances were almost zero. All in all you can be confident you did not contract hsv from this exposure.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, it really is appreciated. I am going to follow up with another igg in a few months for piece of mind. I've thought a lot that I missed the initial and this is prodrome symptoms and waiting for something to show up. The Internet can be you're best friend or worst enemy!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree. There is a lot of information that is taken out of context or just flat out incorrect. I guarantee you didn't miss a primary. I think a follow up igg at 12-16 weeks will put your mind at ease. I am confident you are just fine.
I should note that majority of the time is burning in the scrotum and or penis, but does move around some or in multiple areas at once
COMMUNITY LEADER
Burning can be an onset symptom. However, if it was hsv you would have lesion by now. Actually you would  most assuredly had them days ago. Thats one of the classic taken out of context symptoms. Same with itching. You can get itchy right before an outbreak but literally hours before not days and days. Most of the itching issues come when sores scab and heal. Like I said I am confident this is not hsv.
One more thing your protected sex effectively brought that chance clise to zero and breif oral sex is again a real long shot. If you had contracted hsv1 genitally you would know it. Hsv1 on that area most always comes with a classic painful primary outbreak.

Combine the astronomically small chance of contracting hsv from this exposure and no real symptoms..... odds are stacked in your favor.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.