final question for you guys. please read who have experience.

So going on 11 days now since I slept with a girl who has hsv2 and still no legions or symptoms is it safe to say there's a high chance I didn't contract it?? I'm feeling pretty confident just need some feedback. Preferably from those of you who have it.
I contracted genital herpes in early March and didn't have my first real symptoms til late May... and then it wasn't an outbreak... just flu like symptoms... didn't get an outbreak til mid-July... it's different for everybody... all you can do is wait and see and test a few months after exposure...
trapper1, there is no evidence you have herpes, quite the opposite, please focus on the medical issue being raised
Yes you can feel confident, If you had contracted it then HSV2 would do what it does best. The risk was incredibly low to begin with so this is no surprise.
Is this relevant though? If you are going to have a relationship then wait to test at the end of the relationship, should such a sad day come with this lovely person
Holy ****.... but I'd imagine the odds are very low for most people to be like u that's what I hear and read. Most people I've encountered or read on forums get legions within the first week.. did the girl u sleep with have visible legions or sores? And did u notice anything for me to keep an eye on that u felt or noticed up till ur first outbreak?
Thanks man what are the % of people  who have no signs symptoms 11 days later in ur opinion? Also I have no interest in being with this girl was just a drunken  1 night thing.
How do u know u have and did u get legions yet? Why would u get tested if u had no signs?
actually I just broke out for the first time with blisters a couple weeks after my original post... had them swabbed by my gp and it was positive for hsv2... a full 7 months after my last sexual exposure... up to that point of the blisters I had only had general redness and irritation... you can read my original post titled "herpes or not"... not try to cause you panic... you are probably fine... just trying to share that with herpes it's not always text book... good luck to you...
and Fleetwood I didn't post an update because I've been kind of out of since being diagnosed... especially after feeling like everything was okay after my blood tests and atypical symptoms...

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.