Miscarriages Community

period pain or miscarriage?

lately there is this incident happened 10 months ago (march 2015) hit me..

I was sitting on the tram on my way to uni, and i knew my period was due around then.. all of a sudden, i felt this pain, like knife daggering pain.. it hurts so bad, i started to feel dizzy, lightheaded, wanting to throw up.. and i tried to lean forward in the hope of easing the pain, it didnt.. it just got worst.. and I continue to feel dizzy and having cold sweats.. I had to pull myself up, get off the tram and find a toilet as I felt like i am having diarrhoea as well.. and when i finally found a bathroom, I sat there for like 10 minutes... hoping this pain would past, and there was a lot of blood..... once the pain started to ease, I pull myself together again and bought some panadol and after that the day was a bit hazy, but i manage to get back to uni...

This pain never happened again... and this pain was not the same as when I started my period (even then I was in so much pain that i had to stay in bed for 7 days.. yet the pain was just cramps... not the knife-daggering type of pain)

Now my question would be... is this just another horrible period pain, or would that have been a miscarriage... Is it still possible to check about this even it happened almost a year ago?

Thanks.
Hi there.  Sounds like that was a scary experience!  It would be impossible to know at this point.  BUT, it could have been a cyst passing.  This does happen for a lot of women and happened to me.  Very painful.  But it also could be a miscarriage.  You'll never fully know hon.  I would try to just move on.  Again, my pain like that was a simple cyst passing.  good luck
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.