Nutrition Community

Iron deficiency

I have been iron def. for many years now with a count of 10 currently. I have been told for many years it is due to blood loss from periods ( I have endometriosis). I have not had a period for a long time now and still have low iron counts. I did stop taking iron pills about 4 months ago due to it causing chemical gastropathy.
I am a vegetarian but eat very well and lots of protein "fake meat" and also beans, lots of dark leafy greens and other foods rich in iron.

I have a ton of facial cold sore out breaks like my immune system is very weak.

Any one with ideas???
Have you tried vitamin B-12, it may even be a good idea to do the shots of B-12 for awhile, you could be deficient.

Also, try taking a good, pro-biotic, this will help with assimilating what you eat and possibly help your immune system as well.

Good luck and please keep us posted
Susie