Avatar universal


I've got a bruise on my shin from when it was badly hit during sports 3 years ago. The bruise no longer hurts for the most part. However, the area of impact still retains a dark bruise-like discoloring, and the area is remains tender and has a small lump that moves around underneath the skin. I believe it is a heterotopic ossification. It's been three years and it hasn't healed. Will it ever heal? And if not, it is something that I can have surgically removed? The bruise is super obvious and I would like to see the lump removed for cosmetic reasons.
0 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.