To make a long story short.........I've had 3 surgeries so far on my lumbar and now I'm facing the 4th one! Currently I have 2 disc herniation's (L3-L4 and L4-L5), spinal stenosis (moderate to severe), facet arthropathy, retrolisthesis, DDD, moderate to severe disc height narrowing, and the one problem that is the main concern is a free floating disc fragment that is completely impinging the L5 nerve root. I was given a couple options.......
1.) No surgery and just control with meds!
2.) A fusion of the L3, L4, and L5.
3.) Just go and and have the disc fragment removed and the 2 disc herniation's shaved down.
I can get into more detail if someone can help me with making this decision. I'm not sure what to do. I have been dealing with this since I was injured in 2004 while I was in the Military. Any help is much appreciated.