Avatar universal

Should I see a doctor for a possible peroneal sublaxation?

I fell on my ankle and it turned inward, right after I was in excruciating pain and was not able to put any weight on it. I went to an urgent care where an xray was ordered to make sure it wasn't broken. The doctor was quick and not thorough. It isn't broken just sprained (level 3 I think, she didn't say) but I believe the peroneal tendon is torn or sublaxed. Every time I move it upward or turn it, something pops right on the ankle bone where I've read the peroneal tendon is. She said to wait a week and see if it feels better. Is a peroneal tear or sublaxation something that can go away on its own?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.