Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cancer Community
6.28k Members

abdominal mass

I discovered recently that I was pregnant, and was making to plans to have an early termination. When I went to a preliminary appointment they discovered I was 8 weeks along. When the doctor was doing the exam she felt a lump the size of a tangerine a little below and too the left of my belly button. I had noticed this lump before, but as I had been pregnant before I believed it was my uterus. She said this was not my uterus, but a large foreign mass that she could not identify. She said it worried her. She felt that for it to be a cyst my ovary would have to be severely displaced, and that it was too large for a normal cyst.
She also said, "We'll deal with it after the DNC." Has anyone had a similar mass? One question I have about cysts, is it normal for them to be hard and the size of the palm of my hand? Should I go back or wait until after the procedure (which is in a little over a week)?
0 Responses
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child