Is this normal after 3rd time having sex?

I'm an 18 year old female, and I have only had sex 3 times- this being the first in months. Two days ago I had protected sex with a guy- this being the first time in several months- which left me feeling fairly sore. The soreness has subsided grealy however, I seem to be experiencing  yellowish, brownish discharge which has a similar texture to snot/muscus. There was also signs of blood in it earlier in the day however, the muscus like discharge seemed to disappear after I showered and it hasn't occurred since then. There is now no residue in my underway. I also inspected my vagina and it seems to be really red around the opening. Is that normal considering how many times I have had sex? Is it just possibly friction/irritation rather than something more serious?
I have been on a long course of antibiotics if that makes a difference.

Thankyou
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there,

Usually, if you see a noticeable difference in your vaginal discharge, you should seek advice from a gynecologist. The soreness you experienced could be due to lack of lubrication and dryness during or after sex. The yellowish/brownish discharge might be an indication of an infection; if it continues you should definitely have it checked out by your doctor. Sometimes antibiotics (and other meds.) can cause vaginal yeast infections, because they can often change the level of bacteria within the vagina. If you think that the antibiotics might be the culprit here, speak with your doctor about your concern with the antibiotics that you're currently taking...

Take Care

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community