TSH High, T3 and T4 in low end of ranges

Hi MedHelp!

I have Hashimoto's, and for years my test results have come back as follows: TSH ~ 9, and T4 and T3 in the lower end of the ranges, 1.1 and 2.5 respectively.

I still feel hypothyroid, but every time I try to increase my does of T3/T4, I experience insomnia and anxiety.  No matter what I try, I just can't seem to get it right -- either I feel sluggish and hypothyroid, or I feel completely strung out, or often times both.  

What's going on here? What can I do?
Please also tell us what dose you are on now and how much you've tried to increase it at once.  We do need your reference ranges because they vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.  
With your low levels of Free T4 and Free T3 you should not be getting hyper symptoms when increasing your meds by a reasonable amount.  Hypo patients sometimes get strange reactions when increasing thyroid med when their ferritin level or cortisol levels are too low.   I suggest that you get tested for ferritin and try to get  a diurnal saliva cortisol test done at 4 times during the day.  If the doctor will not do that test, then a morning serum cortisol test might be useful.  

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community