How much should vitamin D level go up after loading dose?

Hi, my endocrinologist recommended to my doctor that I should be taking 20,000IU vitamin D loading dose over 7 weeks for level of 25 nmol/L. Being on 1600IU suddenly failed to improve my level after years of being on 800IU.

Ranges:
(75 adequate)

To 49 nmol/L, what it is now.

Should it be higher than this?

Thank you.
So you went from 25 to 49? I would say that is a very nice improvement. There is a certain level where you face possible toxicity/calcification but a lot of different health organizations disagree on what # this is. If you're at 49 I think you're right where you should be but have these discussions with your doctor to make sure.

You are reading content posted in the Vitamin D Community