Only two meals?

I heard one can gain weight from eating only 1-2 meals a day. If I only eat two meals a day (one moderate, one bigger) will I gain weight? I’m unsure bc I heard only eating two meals is good too.
We're all different.  My Dad always ate only two meals, but he did snack.  He was overweight in the abdomen area, but not anywhere else and not all that much, so it didn't affect him any.  I eat two meals a day as well nowadays due to other problems, and I haven't had any weight gain.  Your weight is a function more of what you eat and how much you eat and what your body is used to and how much energy you burn through movement than anything else.  There are a million eating theories out there -- eat six small meals a day, don't eat one day a week, eat a big breakfast, skip breakfast so your stomach is empty longer than just sleeping, but none of them have good evidence behind them, they're all fads.  If you're comfortable this way, it's enough food to fuel what you do, then time will tell you if this works for you.  The reason we eat 3 times a day and a snack is because historically people had to do a lot of stuff physically every day just to survive.  They didn't have cars or TV or computers or machinery and so everything they did took energy unless they were very rich and had servants do it for them, in which case they were usually corpulent.  It may be that now that we really don't do all that much anymore we don't need more than two meals a day.  Who knows?

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss Alternatives Community