My period keeps being late.

Me and my boyfriend have been recently havering sex, but on the first time we did it I started getting my period late. I did freak out about it thinking I was pregnant, but we are using protection. We don't do it so often, and about a week ago on Friday we had sex but on "my cycle" it said I had 2 days left before I got my period; so far I haven't gotten it and I'm getting worried. Is it normal that my period is being late like this?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I'm super happy you are responsible and using protection.  Good for you!!  Are you on the pill?  Asking because that factors into the answer of if it is normal to be late.  
Thank you so much, I'm not on the pill for the reason of my period really irregular. But I've just been getting it late  I've been already a week late now, and I've been really stressed out about it.
Are you anaemic? Sometimes anaemia can make a period heavier but when your b12 or iron levels get too low too quick, your body will put a hold on releasing an egg since it doesn't feel safe. Go get your full blood levels taken (and check for any STIs) and see if you should be taking any supplements to help your body intake nutrients.