Myriad Health Issues - Need answers, have seen many doctors.

In the year 2000, I had a surgical procedure for the partial removal of my thyroid gland. As of the of the that surgery, I have never taken any medications to assist the remaining Thyroid gland with the regulation of my hormone levels.  I believe that as of 2005, I started to experience certain symptoms. First, my blood work showed that I had a high white blood cells count of  20,000. I had a bone marrow test which came back negative. I have been experiencing the following symptoms: Hives mainly on lower legs region, and sometime on my midsection; Auras, which have lasted from 20 to 30 minutes; sometimes 3 to 4 a day; Blurred vision, sometimes simultaneously on both eyes; Sharp spasms in both left & right regions of my back, which last for approximately 1 minute; Anxiety attacks; Memory lose; Moments where I experienced difficulty digesting information if someone is talking to me; and at times, speaking and making coherent sentences; and recently dry mouth. What can this be and whom should I see to get some answers? Please Help Me!!!!
I've got thyroid problems too.  Who knew the thyroid controls so much!  Why was your thyroid partially removed?  Are you on any medications at all?  Some of your symptoms you describe I have too, but they are medication reactions.  I have dry mouth, blurred vision & some times it is hard form to digest what people are saying. I just feel one step behind you know?

Do you have an endocrinologist?  Good ones are hard to find.  Having said that, there is a great website called www.vitals.com.  It is all patient feed back on doctors.  It was a great help to me. Seeing the right doctor has helped tremendously.

I hope I was of some help.

Be Well

Ellis
Oh I forgot one thing.  If you are on medications & are looking for side effects, I recommend www.drugs.com.  The have not only the consumer information, but they have the Dr's insert for dosage & side effects.  It is much more comprehensive.

Ellis