Pregnant or not?

I'm just trying to figure out a few things before I bother to go buy a test and check. Maybe it would help ease my nerves.

I currently have a missed period, but to be upfront, my period skips every third period. So I will have two and then it will skip. In December, I had it on the 6th and then again the 31st, into Jan. So right there it kinda messed it up.

So with a missed period, My fiancee and I have only had used the pull out method the 15th of Jan and nothing but bare contact with no penetration since then. I don't have really any sythoms. I noticed a few days ago my heart was pounding faster than normal, moreso when I lay down. My breasts tend to look more puffy since my last period but I am home more and don't wear a bra. Other than that, no actual sensitivity, nausea or any other preg. symptoms.

And I had to go to the ER Monday, due to severe runs for 5 days..Wouldn't they have told me if I WAS pregnant? They took a ton of tests since I had stomach pain with my bowels.

Anyone can help? I know I've been under some stress the past couple weeks.
The more reading I do I've learning d that if you are going to take a home pregnancy test to wait at least 10 days after missed period unless you know when you ovulated at count 15days from then hope this helps