Something wrong with my "Down There"

I'm an 18 year old female. I have been to the ob/gyn once in my life for birth control. I am off it now, have been for awhile. Anyway, I have a problem, I don't know what it is yet, but I know I have one.
I always feel like I have a yeast infection, like always. I wash regularly, [Every night] I wipe well, etc.
But I always feel dirty, I feel like I have to change my underwear [which is cotton, I rarely wear thongs] every couple of hours because I feel dirty, and feel like people can "smell" how dirty I am.
I do have a distinct smell, it's not like a "rotten" smell, but it does smell weird.
I do have discharge, It's mostly white, and it does show up on my underwear white.
Sometimes it does come out a different color too [Not like blue or red] like yellow, or dark orange maybe?
I don't know what it is. My mom won't allow me to go to the gyno, she feels I have no need for it seeing as I'm a lesbian [Don't judge please]

I hope you can help me.
Thank you, in advance.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your mom thinks lesbians don't need health care?  For heaven's sake, it's not like lesbians don't have vaginas.  Sounds like she thinks ob-gyns are only about not getting pregnant or getting pregnant.

It might be BV, a bacterial infection characterized by a definite smell.  Go to Planned Parenthood for a checkup if you can't get your mother to agree to let you see an ob-gyn, and specifically ask to be swabbed for bacterial vaginosis as well as the more standard things.

Good luck!
Could be BV and it has nothing to do with not being clean enough and dirty.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community