When will the pain from sex stop?

I just had sex for the first time 2 days ago. Me and my boyfriend tried for a year and a half but couldn’t ever do it because it was terrible pain that brought me to tears every time. I tried things like different positions and lube, neither of those stopped the terrible pain I would have. My first time was in a pool, and the pain wasn’t like the pain when we tried in bed. When it came to last night we both figured it would just be good and not be terrible. But again I had the terrible pain just trying to get it in there. I bled both times. The pain is really bad for me, compared to when I talk to my friends they said it only hurt the first time, and wasn’t ever this hard to have sex. Is this normal? When will the pain stop? Do you have any suggestions other than lube or different positions?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Have you ever had a pelvic exam from a doctor (the kind that uses a speculum)? I'm curious to rule out some kind of physical issue such as a very tough hymen.
No, I haven’t. I’ve never been sexually active until now. So next time I have a doctor visit I’d get one. Every gyno visit was just for birth control and asking me questions about it.