Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
How do you view a reduction in both LDL and HDL? I have heard that the risk of CAD goes down proportionately with the decrease in LDL. ...
I am 26 years old and consider myself in good health except for a couple of things. After I left the military I started having intense pa...
I just completed a tread mill stress test and a nuclear stress test. Briefly, the results are: 1) attained 100% target heart rate, no c...
I have been ill for about three weeks. Everything began when I had night sweats and fatigue one evening. I have had different episodes of...
Two years ago I had a heart scan that indicated I had heart score of 18.67 in my left main. I underwent an angiogram and the doctor said...
I'm 17 weeks into an exercise program to recover from being pretty deconditioned. Starting out with 10 minute walks, and now I walk 30 m...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.