RX FRAUD!!

Hi everyone I really need advise NOW! sorry but I'm really scared I'm trying to be strong but I really can't anymore, well I been in the medical field for a long time and for the last 14 years I knowen a DR. and I worked for him for several years then left to worked to another state and for several yrs, then one day I asked him for a job and he said sure so started working, by then I was already addicted to pain pills offcourse he didn't know. He really likes me because I really do a good job for him BUT what he didn't know is that someone was  calling in rx in my name and other ppls names in my family and they were picked up by someone with my license and also put in my insurance. I been back working for him again for over 3 yrs and no problem so far but a ex employee told the doctor that she knew something was going on to check it out, so ofcourse he came to me and ask me if it was me doing it I said no and that I could do a drug test right that minute to prove it, so I did but he also requested his list of all RX's he has written in the past 2 yrs and there were all there so many of them for large amounts I continiued to work there trhough out the hole thing and it's been horrible he finally talked to me on Thu. and asked me again if it was me or if I knew how it was and I told him I didn't do it and I didn't know he really wants to belive me but I don't know I told him that everything points at me and that if he went to the police that for sure I will be the first suspect. But he said he has to make a report with a police even thought he already change everything about his RX and how to authorizethem and stuff.
He really need me right now really cause I'm the only one that is running the clinic cause we don't have a nurse and I do everything nurse, manager and billing and much much more is beeing almost 2 weeks and I can't stand it cause I know that he will go to the police and I will be DONE for sure. And I'm still working in his office and trustes me and we work like nothing is happening but I know that at any min. the police will come to work or home.
What do I do? Please Help any advise? What will happend to me? I haven't use lortabs since 01/09, I'm on sub, and going to therapy and with the help of a pchycologist.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hun I really dont know that's why you need to talk to a lawyer.I dont know how quick they move I am sure it varies from state to state do you know if he has turned it over to the police yet?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
So there were RX's called in, ran thru your insurance but you didnt do it??  I am way confused.........
Helpful - 0
Sorry   just re-read the posts  while I was replying  and I do not mean to be rude,  however  unless this doc has done any illegal activity      (and there has been a microscope on docs for the past few years  and more so the past several months)    I am fairly certain he can find an office manager.........   unemployment is running around 10% in our nation, pretty sure he could find another office manager, unless you have info  or documentation that he is given out drugs freely......     and is concerned what you might say,  I don't get how he is too dependant on you, but you think he may turn you in to the police at some point and time...........   I would strongly recommend you sit down with your boss and get this worked out      you are his office manager and he depends on you, so I would think your conversation should not be that hard.......
Helpful - 0
Sorry it seems like avisg was the only one that figure out the story right away, but lets say it all points at me the person that pick up the rx's had my licence, even thought that at the main pharmacy they didn't ask for picture id so there is no id just signature that is just a scrible, the doctor never prescribe the RX's but even thought he wants to belive me he still wants to report the hole thing to the police.
Helpful - 0
All I can say  is I am glad that Avisg get's it,  because  I can't figure this out at all.......   I hope fpr you  that if you do have an addiction problem to pills you will get the help you need........      or the others depending on the scripts    they will also realize it is a horrid way to live life..........or the doctor that writes them.

May God bless you and hope you will make the best decision for you and your life.
Helpful - 0
From reading your first post you didn't really say if it was you or not who called in the scripts. That would make a big difference on how people could help you out. Did you ever call in any fake rx's from there?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community