No pain finger curled in??!!

I'm a hair dresser for 14 years now, last Saturday my right index finger curled In and wouldn't move for roughly 5 mins. I had been spraying hair spray and such. It just curled in and I couldn't feel my finger or hand. No pain, no tingling, nothing. It just felt dead, like I would never move it again. Then after 5 mins it opened and was totally fine?!! I do yoga 5 days a week and the elliptical, so I'm pretty healthy. But what the what??!! Help. Trigger finger symptoms don't seem to match and neither does carpal tunnel really. Any suggestions?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, your symptoms could be due to trigger finger. In trigger finger one of your fingers or your thumb gets stuck in a bent position and then straightens with a snap. Trigger finger is caused by a narrowing of the sheath that surrounds the tendon in the affected finger. People whose work or hobbies require repetitive gripping actions are more susceptible. Therapy is with splinting and finger exercises. Please consult your primary care physician for proper evaluation of your symptoms. Regards.
Helpful - 0
Hello and Welcome to MedHelp! I realize this is an older post, but it could be beneficial to other members. If you do not think it is Trigger Finger as described by Paderla above, I think you should look into Dupuytren's Contracture. Just a thought! Best wishes! JD1963 Orthopedic Community Leader
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches