gilly jay

Please help my 12 year old bichon as just bin diagnosed with kidney failure we are gutted as ad him since pup we are so scared in losing him he ok in is self. Just old age please help Anita an Carol xxx
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hiya Tony thanks for getting back to me! I am struggling to come to terms with this, it's the not knowing and what to expect I just can't get my head around it, we are tryin to act as normal as possible around him but it's such a struggle! Who knows he might survive a few years yet! But am I kidding myself I need to know so will try an get as much as we can at the vets!! Why Tony do our poor companions suffer so much!!!! Will he deteriate quickly? Sorry to go on but  whoever you are your support means alto so thankyou
Helpful - 0
Hiya Tony our boy as just had some of his food they gave him royal canine renal hope he takes to it and it doesn't upset his tummy! The blood test shown today was lower and we go bk on Wednesday for a chat as the vet operating all day!! Feeling a little more positive but I do know it's a waiting game! His food says it's for chronic kidney disease!! Not sure if thats what he has, but whilst he is eating we are happy! But still not sure what to expect and when!! Thanks for listening Tony will get bk to you.
Helpful - 0
Hiya tony just a question do you think it's a good idea to give our boy some vitamins to help with his kidneys or just keep him on his new food which is full of vitamins please read up on his food I mentioned it in last comment if you don't mind!! We are so tryin to b normal but it's very hard. Thanks again for your support tony. Nita
Helpful - 0
Hello NIta....He really doesn't need any extra vitamins other than the food......However, you DO need to be feeding canned food & I would suggest you ask your Vet about a medication called "Benazepril"...It's a heart medication that is also used for Kidney Disease....It really does work well!!!!

Next, Here is a thread from this forum about Kidney Disease....It is lengthy & quite sad, but is worth the reading.....It may will answer some of your questions for the future....

Here it is:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dogs/4th-stage-renal-failure-in-my-dog/show/425814?page=1
Helpful - 0
Hi there thankyou for your reply! Our boy on stage 2 chronic kidney failure and taken to his new tin food great! Vet said his little.life.span cud b 3 months to a year and that we will.no wen.time is right! We love him so.much and will keep giving him the love we give him an make his little life as comfortable as possible!!! We are trying to keep happy for him but its just so.sad and upsetting!! We must think of the gud life he has had thanks again Nita x
Helpful - 0
Hi Tony not heard from you in a while hope your ok!! Please read my last post as there is nothing else to add to the post! We are just trying to make him comfortable as possible! We see him struggling a bit now he eating his new food ok but drinking lots and started getting US up in the night for wee sees!! My heart is breaking and we will never make him suffer!!! It's like a waiting game now! But your kind words has helped me through this so thankyou and hope you have a great Christmas with your loved ones! God bless. Xx big hug from gilly (our loved pooch)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community