Condom broke

Hello doctor,

I am a 27 yr old male and circumsized. I had intercourse with a sex worker last night and I am going crazy over what had happened. She performed protected oral on me which led to protected sex. When I finished, I noticed that the condom broke and I had ejaculated inside of her. From the time the condom broke and I finishing inside off her was probably about 30 sec of exposure.

I had asked her if she were clean and she assured me that she does everything safe ex. No penetration, no kissing, no anal, no unprotected sex.

What are my chances of getting hiv or another std?
How soon should I go to get tested? (I live in New York)
Should I be worried about having unprotected sex with my gf?
DUO test at 28 days. You had a risk, probably on the low side.
I would not have unprotected sex with your gf.

STD questions post in the STD forum.
Hi mate,

Since your condom broke, you were at risk. However, not all CSW are HIV positive. She might be negative like you as well. Do not panic as you wait for your test. Please do not google that much, to protect yourself from HIV anxiety, I've been there so, its not fun at all. Keep yourself busy. Cheers mate!

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community