Herpes or something else?

I've been diagnosed with folliculitis before, and it seems to be common for me to get considering I shave and have thick pubic hair. I haven't had sexual intercourse or anything since January. My last check up was a couple months ago and everything came back fine. I didn't get a blood test because my Dr didn't think it was necessary. The sores I've had on my labia majora have become sore because I'm a picker. My doctor told me that if I had herpes it would appear in the same spots, but what I'm expericning appears in random spots anywhere from my Mons pubis to the bottom of my labia majors. It's never extreme ad not super painful, unless I'm messing with them. They usually heal within a week or two after I pick them open. This last time I got a decent look at the spots, and they seem like tint blisters, most of which are surrounding hair follicles, but few aren't touching hair follicles, so I'm confused. I don't get a fever, I'm not in any pain when I pee ever, and my muscles don't ache. These two spots I have now are in the area I recently shaved, but I shaved a week ago and these appeared yesterday, initally as just a swollen patch on the left side of my labia majora. The other spot appeared shortly after, but slightly below, not near my anus. I'm worried I may have caught herpes from awhile back and now I'm seeing it. But every time I go to the doctor, its either too late to do a culture or he tells me it doesn't look like herpes and I don't have all of the symptoms for it. I do experience tingling sometimes, but like I said these sores aren't painful unless they're pressed really hard or when I'm washing down below, I'm guessing because of the soap, but even then its not painful enough to be worried. Also, i may have a yeast infection? Help??
This has only happened a handful of times since September/October. I was diagnosed with folliculitis then, after that it always occurred after I shaved ad the hair is growing back, but I have gotten a sore right above my clitoris from i guess my partner being too rough with foreplay. Like I said, I never experience most of the symptoms, its always in a different spot when a bump(s) appear, and I usually pick at them when they first pop up I can't help it. Even when I wipe, it doesn't hurt. My last check up my Dr did a herpes culture on the bump I had that turned into what looked like a canker sore, and it came back negative, but it had already gotten to the "crustation period" if it was a herpes sore. But even then he said he's never seen them appear where I had the last one.
A blood test will you give some assistance here in being comfortable you do not have herpes. Your symptoms do not sound like herpes is present.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.