Herpes Community
Sorry I posted in this forum last week but had one other question. Long story short I was tested back in the middle of 2015 and it came back negative. I received oral sex from a female abouut two months ago but did not notice any sores or anything. I found two red bumps on my shaft and went to the doctor and he said he didnt think it was herpes but took a culture and it came back negative. They did not hurt and not burst or anything. I had them appear in the same spot about two weeks ago but same thing just red bumps. My question is..is my risk worth getting tested again and risking a false positive or something?

I read on the CDC website they do not recommend routine testing unless you are high risk. I am assuming this is due to false positives?

1) should I get tested or stop being worried?
2) why would the CDC not recommend testing?

Thanks again.
Hi.
1. If you tested 3 months post any exposure then its conclusive and no futher testing is needed as the oral is low risk anyway.
2. because of false positives confusion.
So if no symptoms are present than there is no need to test? At least that is what I took from the CDC article

I feel if a person is sexually active they should have a herpes test as if a person have oral hsv1 it can be passed to someones genital area from oral sex.
I agree guess I am just nervous of getting a false positive when my risk was relatively low.
It has been only two months but no symptoms except for red dots which I think are irritation so I will have to wait another month
No from your last affair, you could have had this from childhood
sorry say that again dont quite understand
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.